Sunday, September 28, 2008

Butch and Sundance




Paul Newman passed away Friday at the age of 83.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid is my favorite movie. (Yes, even over Star Wars.) I remember going to the Logan Theater with my dad to see it every time it was there. Back in the day, there were no VCR's, no DVD players and no cable. And, it took several years for a movie to come to regular television. So, they would re-release movies at the theater.

If this movie is on television, no matter what scene is on, I have to sit and watch it till the end. There are no bad scenes in this movie. Newman and Redford are the ultimate buddies in the ultimate buddy film.

I think another reason this movie means so much to me is that I shared the experience with my dad. Sometimes when we would be walking home at night, and it was raining, he would sing "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on my Head."

1 comment:

Troy and Carrie said...

Great post, and a great movie too... (I love the Logan!)